Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.40f1, 2021.3.12f1
[Backport] BuildPipeline.BuildPlayer throws "The build cannot be appended" exception when using AcceptExternalModificationsToPla
How to reproduce it:
1. Open the user's attached project "Upgrade.zip"
2. In the menu bar click "shoutr lab" > "Export for Android"
3. Observe the Console window
Expected result: Project is successfully exported
Actual result: Exception "InvalidOperationException: The build cannot be appended." appears
Reproduces on: 2019.4.30f1, 2020.3.19f1, 2021.1.22f1, 2021.2.0b12, 2022.1.0a6
- Not reproducible when Exporting project via Build Settings
- Exception appears in line BuildPipeline.BuildPlayer(scenes, pathBuild, BuildTarget.Android, BuildOptions.AcceptExternalModificationsToPlayer);
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Element UI disappears and NullReferenceException is thrown when dragging off the last or first element from the list in the Inspector
- [Silicon] Crash on ScriptableRenderLoopJob when machine is left idle while the Editor is in Play mode
- [Android] GraphicsBuffer.CopyCount does not work with Append Compute Buffer after Compute Shader Dispatch on some Android devices
- "DirectoryNotFoundException" error when building a project via script in one folder, then building via Editor in another, deleting the folder built via Editor and rebuilding via Script
- New items are created and old ones remain in memory when using 'treeView.SetRootItems(items)' and 'treeView.Rebuild()' which can cause a memory leak