Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 7.0.3
Found in [Package]
Automatic Weight Generation for 2D Rigs in the Skinning Editor Assigns Weights to the Incorrect Bones in Unity 2021
# What happened
Using automatic weights in the skinning editor for 2D PSB character rigs assigns vertex weights to the incorrect bones in Unity 2021, while it assigned the correct weights in Unity 2020.
2. How can we reproduce it using the example you attached
A. Navigate to the skinning editor of the "Rig_Leg" PSB file.
B. Select "Auto Weights" and then "Generate All."
C. Observe how the weights are assigned incorrectly.
The above repro process has already been done in the file, and the incorrect weights can already be observed.
4. Unity 2020 test versions used
2D Animation 5.2.1
2D PSD Importer 4.3.0
Additional information (20 May 02):
- import .psb sprite
- Open in skinning editor, rig it with bones and auto-geometry to set up with weights
- Edit / add / split bones to change the bone structure
- Generate Auto-geometry with weights again
- Note that the weights are not updated to the current bone rig structure
Weights aren’t updated when invoking auto-geometry with weights). Weights are only properly updated when using Auto-weights with “Associate Bones”
Refer to video demo "AutoGeometryNotUpdateBones.mp4"
Observed on 2020.3.34f1 / Animation 5.2.1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Double clicking script field no longer opens it in the external script editor
- [Android] Build fails with built-in PAD custom asset(s) when using sample Addressable
- [iOS] nw_read_request_report crash
- The serialized field value cannot be changed when trying to set it back to "None"
- The dropdown component breaks when the 31st Layer is used