Search Issue Tracker
Audio starts popping after pausing and resuming the Scene
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "SoundStutterBug.zip" project
2. Press Play
3. Pause and resume the scene several times
4. Listen to the audio
Expected Behavior: Sound plays smoothly
Actual Behavior: Sound starts stuttering, popping
Reproducible with: 2017.4.19f1, 2018.3.3f1, 2019.1.0a15, 2019.2.0a2
Note: Sometimes it happens as soon as you start the scene(without pausing and resuming). The issue gets worse with older versions.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux][Mono] Crash on mono_exception_walk_trace when entering the Play Mode
- Memory usage rapidly increases when capturing a GameObject with a Line Renderer Component using Texture2D.ReadPixels
- Texture streaming causes all textures to be point filtered in Player when using Direct3D12 API
- [DXR] GPU memory leaks when Renderer.rayTracingMode is set to UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.RayTracingMode.DynamicGeometry
- RegisterValueChangeCallback is not called when changing the PropertyField value
This is not an issue with the audio system or Unity as such. The project settings has "DSP Buffer Size" set to "Best latency" which makes it very dependent on the overall system performance. A ton of things can affect this, in particular deferred procedure calls on Windows, which are very dependent on the drivers installed on the system. Just change the buffer size setting back to the Default setting (which is the same as the Good Latency setting) and the stutter will go away.