Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X
AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray causes InvalidOperationException on NativeArray
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project named "Case_129547"
2. Open the TestScene2 in the Scenes folder
3. Enter Play mode
4. Observe the Console Window
Expected result: No errors are thrown on entering the Play mode
Actual result: InvalidOperationException on NativeArray error is thrown
Reproducible with: 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.1f1, 2021.1.0a10
Could not test with: 2018.4.30f1, 2019.4.17f1(Missing script references)
Reproducible with graphics APIs: D3D11, D3D12, Vulkan, OpenGLCore
1. Does not reproduce on all machines
Jun 07, 2022 15:29
I just encountered this issue, too. On 2022.1.3f1. lots of trouble for array copy, guys...
Oct 09, 2021 01:54
"Hi all, the fix has finally landed in 2022.1.0a12.
This means the backports will now be unblocked and can land in the main releases."
- richardkettlewell @ Unity Technologies, Monday October 4th 2021
Sep 01, 2021 21:31
Is there any update on this? The status hasn't changed since May.
Aug 18, 2021 04:29
Need to be fixed on 2019.4.
Aug 06, 2021 08:44
Aug 01, 2021 10:47
Request to fix this issue on 2020.3.X.
May 29, 2021 07:56
Please fix :)
May 18, 2021 20:27
@wojimus this bug has been known since 2020, not 2015. AsyncGPUReadback wasn't a class in Unity until 2018 and RequestIntoNativeArray wasn't a method until 2019. It's impossible for a feature to have bugs before it even existed.
In any case, we can see on the issue tracker here the "Fix is in Review" meaning a fix has already been made internally, and is almost ready to release publicly. It's just going through a quality testing process. more info here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/asyncgpureadback-requestintonativearray-causes-invalidoperationexception-on-nativearray.1011955/#post-7150846
May 15, 2021 05:17
This bug is still here and It's been known since 2015, come on guys,
May 11, 2021 09:03
What is the status of this?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Text input field doesn't disappear when pressing "Enter" on the keyboard connected to a device and HideMobileInput is disabled
- WebGL Player flickers and logs warnings when viewport is resized and "Linear" Color Space is used
- Rigidbody recalculates its center of mass when moving its child Trigger Collider
- Sprites with different indexes than indicated in Text field of Label Inspector are being rendered
- VFX rendering a sphere when using a custom mesh
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in: 2022.1.0a12
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in Unity 2021.2.2f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in - 2020.3.23f1