Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2019.4, 2020.1
AsyncGPUReadback can leak memory under certain circumstances.
If you first read back into a native array, then do a normal readback, the normal readback can leak memory, if it reuses the request that was used by the native array.
1. Create or open any unity Project
2. Add the attached C# script to the project
3. Add it to an object in a scene with just a camera
4. Enter Play Mode
5.a Monitor Memory usage in the Task manager or
5.b open Window/Analysis/Profiler and add the Memory Module
Expected: Memory usage rises up to a point and stabilizes there
Actual: Memory usage keeps rising
Reproduces in 2019.4.2f1, 2020.1.0b12, 2020.2.0a16
Does not Reproduce in 2019.2.0f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] SystemInfo.systemMemorySize returns negative values
- [Physics Debugger] Colliders are visualized even if their Layer is not selected in the Show Layers property
- Crash on PAL_LocalIPC_IsConnected when IPC fails on launch
- [macOS] Video Player's 5.1 audio channel layout is incorrect when outputting to Audio Source
- AssetDatabase is overwriting GUIDs