Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
AsyncGPUReadback can leak memory under certain circumstances.
If you first read back into a native array, then do a normal readback, the normal readback can leak memory, if it reuses the request that was used by the native array.
1. Create or open any unity Project
2. Add the attached C# script to the project
3. Add it to an object in a scene with just a camera
4. Enter Play Mode
5.a Monitor Memory usage in the Task manager or
5.b open Window/Analysis/Profiler and add the Memory Module
Expected: Memory usage rises up to a point and stabilizes there
Actual: Memory usage keeps rising
Reproduces in 2019.4.2f1, 2020.1.0b12, 2020.2.0a16
Does not Reproduce in 2019.2.0f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- IL2CPP Player crashes when there aren't enough Thread Static Slots
- Articulation Body tree changes behavior after attaching a trigger Collider
- Fatal freeze when playing a VFX made with VFX Graph and consisting many effects
- "Failed to download Build.data.br file" error is thrown when building projects for WebGL with the Compression Format set to "Brotli"
- Documentation Link does not work when the "New Panel Settings" question mark is clicked
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in: 2020.2.0a20
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Fixed in: 2020.1.2f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in: 2019.4.8f1