Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
AsyncGPUReadback can leak memory under certain circumstances.
If you first read back into a native array, then do a normal readback, the normal readback can leak memory, if it reuses the request that was used by the native array.
1. Create or open any unity Project
2. Add the attached C# script to the project
3. Add it to an object in a scene with just a camera
4. Enter Play Mode
5.a Monitor Memory usage in the Task manager or
5.b open Window/Analysis/Profiler and add the Memory Module
Expected: Memory usage rises up to a point and stabilizes there
Actual: Memory usage keeps rising
Reproduces in 2019.4.2f1, 2020.1.0b12, 2020.2.0a16
Does not Reproduce in 2019.2.0f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When a Rigidbody2D is inactive GetPoint/GetVector/GetRelativePoint/GetRelativeVector fallbacks to returning (0, 0)
- Light brightness gets intense until the 'Lightmap Encoding' quality is changed when baking Lightmap
- Crash on LinearCollectionField::LinearCollectionField after a 'm_ArrayField != SCRIPTING_NULL' assertion when opening a project
- Import Activity Window takes long time to open
- Child Canvas' Sorting Layer is changed to the same value as the parent Canvas after interacting with Dropdown UI object