Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
Assets serialization system automatically inserts spaces after an apostrophe as the first character
How to reproduce:
1. Open user-submitted project (SerializationTest.zip)
2. Select the Scenes/Prefab asset
3. Note the Text field on the Test Mono Behaviour Component. Delete its contents.
4. Add a new line into the text field by pressing the Enter key.
5. Add an apostrophe into the new line as the first character of this line
6. Enter some additional text after the apostrophe(e.g. Hello World)
7. Right-click the Component and select 'Reserialize'
Expected result: no additional spaces are added after the apostrophe
Actual result: multiple additional spaces are added after the apostrophe. After removing them and unselecting the Text field new spaces will be added
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a1, 2019.3.6f1, 2020.1.0b2, 2020.2.0a4
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.38f1, 2018.4.19f1
Also reproducible with Scriptable Objects(see Scenes/ScriptableObject). Upon restarting Unity or reimporting, additional spaces are added.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Incorrect tree shadows are shown in Play Mode when SRP Batcher is enabled
- [iOS][UaaL] After unloading a Unity scene, memory remains allocated depending on how much memory was used in the scene
- [WebGL] "Unable to open archive file" error is thrown in Build when "Compress Local Catalog" option is enabled for Addressables
- editor crashes on trying to open project on a very long path
- Performance in Game View is significantly impacted by Gfx.WaitForPresentOnGfxThread when a second monitor is connected