Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
Assets serialization system automatically inserts spaces after an apostrophe as the first character
How to reproduce:
1. Open user-submitted project (SerializationTest.zip)
2. Select the Scenes/Prefab asset
3. Note the Text field on the Test Mono Behaviour Component. Delete its contents.
4. Add a new line into the text field by pressing the Enter key.
5. Add an apostrophe into the new line as the first character of this line
6. Enter some additional text after the apostrophe(e.g. Hello World)
7. Right-click the Component and select 'Reserialize'
Expected result: no additional spaces are added after the apostrophe
Actual result: multiple additional spaces are added after the apostrophe. After removing them and unselecting the Text field new spaces will be added
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a1, 2019.3.6f1, 2020.1.0b2, 2020.2.0a4
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.38f1, 2018.4.19f1
Also reproducible with Scriptable Objects(see Scenes/ScriptableObject). Upon restarting Unity or reimporting, additional spaces are added.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- deadlock in AssetDatabase_AcceleratorClient_Scheduling.ScheduledRequest_Status_InProgress
- Texture Compression settings on Android and WebGL Platforms are reset to default when building the project using a script
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Some GameObjects ignore the Default Parent when creating them in the Hierarchy