Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
AssetDatabase.GetMainAssetTypeAtPath() sometimes loads objects when deriving their type, and leaves them loaded
1. Open the project in the attached GetMainAssetTypeAtPath_Bug.zip
2. Run the test script using the menu item 'Test/Test'
Expected result: There is no red assertion failure, and the test finishes with 'Unloading asset...'
Actual result: A red assertion message will fire
"AssertionException: The asset should not be loaded after calling GetMainAssetTypeAtPath()!
But was: True"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- log4net error is thrown when using .NET Standard 2.0 for Linux server builds
- "cannot convert from Matrix4x4" and "cannot convert from Vector3" errors when creating App Packages
- [IL2CPP] Unity fails to build when using faulty function with an element being called from null array
- Build progress bar hangs forever when building with IL2CPP
- Editor crashes on PersistentManager::InstanceIDToLocalSerializedObjectIdentifier when reimporting an asset