Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
AssetDatabase.ForceReserializeAssets() breaks the scene when used in OnEnable()
How to reproduce:
1. Download the attached 'script.cs'
2. Create a new Unity project and import the script
3. Drag the script onto any GameObject
Expected result: Assets are reserialized without any problems
Actual result: everything in the scene gets deleted and two broken scene duplicates are added to the Hierarchy window
Reproducible with: 2018.1.0b5, 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.0a3, 2018.2.17f1, 2018.3.0b12, 2019.1.0a10
Not reproducible with: 2018.1.0b4, 2018.2.0a2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Crash on memcpy when building for Android Platform
- Cannot create DropdownField with nested choices when using UIToolkit
- Lightmaps are baked incorrectly for GameObjects when their Position is <=-2048 or >=2048 on any of the coordinates
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue