Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2017.4.X, 2018.4.X, 2019.1.X, 2019.2.X
assetBundle.LoadAsset returns null when the .asset bundle file is in the same folder as all its assets
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "BugReport.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Enter Play mode
3. Observe Console window
Expected result: _assetBundle.LoadAsset<GameObject>("1000") returns "1000 (UnityEngine.GameObject)" and _assetBundle.LoadAsset<Material>("1000") returns "1000 (UnityEngine.Material)"
Actual result: _assetBundle.LoadAsset<GameObject>("1000") and _assetBundle.LoadAsset<Material>("1000") returns an emtpy string
Reproducible with: 2018.3.11f1, 2019.1.0b9, 2019.2.0a10
Could not test with: 2017.4 due to www errors in the console
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)
- Stack frames are missing from Console window when in Full Stack trace mode
- An error is returned and no package is listed if an invalid package is hosted on a scoped registry
- Crash with ComputeTileMeshJob when generating Navmesh