Search Issue Tracker
AssetBundle can't load from assetbundle variant
"Inconsistent asset when sorting preload assets (Same path & file ID)" when exporting asset bundles if all fonts are the same name.
"Font texture for dynamic font Font is missing. Please reimport the Font. All dynamic fonts created with earlier Unity 3.0 betas need to be reimported." When trying to load asset bundles. Note: Second error does not occur all the time.
1. Open "sample" scene.
2. Build assetbundle "menu->AssetBundle->Export"
Note: "Inconsistent asset when sorting preload assets (Same path & file ID)" is thrown in the console window.
If you rename font files in the project to be different from each another the error disappears.
3. Enter play mode.
Note: "Font texture for dynamic font Font is missing. Please reimport the Font. All dynamic fonts created with earlier Unity 3.0 betas need to be reimported." is thrown in the console window.
If you remove line 7 ([SerializeField]) in LoadPrefabFromAssetBundle script, then let Unity to compile the code, and then write [SerializeField] again and let Unity to compile the code, second error magically disappears, Unless you try to use other then "Bold" font type in LoadPrefabFromAssetBundle script.
Project is attached to this letter.
Reproduces with: 5.6.0a6; 5.5.0f3; 5.4.3f1; 5.4.0f3; 5.3.0f4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Poor performance when loading or unloading a large Scene
- Go wide on shader compression
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Speech Recognition is not supported error is thrown when setting Unity Hub and Unity version to run as an administrator