Search Issue Tracker
[Asset Bundles] Lag while loading big textures from asset bundles asynchronously
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. Build the asset bundles: menu Swing > Build AssetBundles (ChunkBasedCompression)
3. Make a standalone development build
4. Run it with profiler attached
5. In swing/dynamic 8x8 b line press "load"
6. Then press "get bundle"
7. Then press "load all tex"
--- In the profiler, on a single frame, there are 4 Gfx.UploadTexture blocks which is the cause of the lag. See attached profiler screenshot profiler 1.png
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Missing `localhost` in the `hosts` file configuration could cause the Unity Package Manager server to fail to start
- Wrong scaling in shadow mask scene view mode
- Type.GetField() works differently in IL2CPP from Mono
- Splitter resize cursors flicker on Linux and Windows
- Can't select sRGB color format for Render Texture on HDRP project