Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2
Assertion failed on expression when GameObject with Animator component is Parent of the Canvas with Screen Space - Camera
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open Unity and create a new project
2) In Hierarchy window, create a new empty GameObject
3) Create Canvas as a child of an empty GameObject
4) Change Canvas Render Mode to 'Screen Space - Camera' and add Main Camera in to Render Camera slot
5) Add Animator component for an empty GameObject
6) In Project window, click on r.mouse button >> Create >> Animator Controller
7) Attach created Animator Controller to the GameObject
8) Press Play
Error in the console will be thrown:
'Assertion failed on expression: '(changeMask & Transform::kReceivedDueToParentTRSChanged) == 0''
Expected result: No errors in the Console
Actual result: Error in the Console appears : 'Assertion failed on expression: '(changeMask & Transform::kReceivedDueToParentTRSChanged) == 0''
5.5.3p4, 5.5.4f1, 5.6.1p2, 2017.1.0b8, 2017.2.0a2
Not reproduced with:
Note: Reproduces only when Render Mode of the Canvas is set to 'Screen Space - Camera'
Video of reproduction is attached( 'repro.mp4')
Fixed in 2017.1.0f1, 5.6.2p1, 5.5.4p2 & 5.4.5p4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dynamic Clipping works poorly with large scenes / terrains with the pivot point is near
- [UWP] Deploying wrong architecture through device portal ends up running a different app
- [MacOS] Standalone build contains .meta files inside native plugin bundles
- Progressive lightmapper leaks memory upon subsequent scene switches and bakes
- [AssetBundle] "The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!" errors when loading object from Asset Bundle