Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.X
Assertion failed on expression when GameObject with Animator component is Parent of the Canvas with Screen Space - Camera
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open Unity and create a new project
2) In Hierarchy window, create a new empty GameObject
3) Create Canvas as a child of an empty GameObject
4) Change Canvas Render Mode to 'Screen Space - Camera' and add Main Camera in to Render Camera slot
5) Add Animator component for an empty GameObject
6) In Project window, click on r.mouse button >> Create >> Animator Controller
7) Attach created Animator Controller to the GameObject
8) Press Play
Error in the console will be thrown:
'Assertion failed on expression: '(changeMask & Transform::kReceivedDueToParentTRSChanged) == 0''
Expected result: No errors in the Console
Actual result: Error in the Console appears : 'Assertion failed on expression: '(changeMask & Transform::kReceivedDueToParentTRSChanged) == 0''
5.5.3p4, 5.5.4f1, 5.6.1p2, 2017.1.0b8, 2017.2.0a2
Not reproduced with:
Note: Reproduces only when Render Mode of the Canvas is set to 'Screen Space - Camera'
Video of reproduction is attached( 'repro.mp4')
Fixed in 2017.1.0f1, 5.6.2p1, 5.5.4p2 & 5.4.5p4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dynamic lights still show up in the Profiler consuming time when "Main Light" and "Additional Lights" are disabled in the UniversalRP-HighQuality asset
- Sprite Asset changes are unsaved after updating sprite atlas
- Graphics.DrawProcedural doesn't work like in DX11 when used with DX12
- [Quest 2] Running Entities Graphics/BatchRendererGroup under Vulkan results in a frame rate drop compared to OpenGLES 3 and causes Tile Binning to cost more
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
Jul 21, 2017 21:11
I'm having this bug on 2017.1. No canvas renderer in my scene.
Jun 27, 2017 17:57
This is exactly the error I wondered !
I still get this error on version 2017.1.0b9.
Jun 22, 2017 06:15
I'm getting similar problem on 5.6.2f1 ver
error description is totally same.
1. I have some gameObjects that have script which controls some UI.
2. when script turns on some UI that is on 'screen space-camera' , same errors occur
3. the errors occur only at first time. turning off and re-turning on is okay
4. I have several Canvases which is working in this way. and Each Canvases makes same error when they are on
I think this error does not affect on game (in all aspect) but still makes me uncomfortable