Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X
Assertion failed on expression: 'request.key.guid.IsValid when selecting a Mesh
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Open scene "HeaderScene"
3. Enter Play Mode
4. In the Hierarchy, select "WoodTile_Large.fabrication(Clone)"
5. Select the child object "default"
6. From the Inspector window, double-click on the Mesh from the Mesh Filter component
Expected result: No errors are thrown.
Actual result: Assertion failed on expression: 'request.key.guid.IsValid' is thrown.
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0a18, 2020.2.3f1, 2021.1.0b5, 2021.2.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.19f1, 2020.2.0a17
Could not test with: 2018.4.31f1 (project breaks after downgrading)
Assertion failed on expression: 'request.key.guid.IsValid()'
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Incorrect Burst Exception Control Flow in Editor due to Mono Handling of calli instruction
- [Linux] Packman options to add package from Git URL doesn't always show the window directly below the + button
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants