Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X
Assertion failed on expression: 'request.key.guid.IsValid when selecting a Mesh
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Open scene "HeaderScene"
3. Enter Play Mode
4. In the Hierarchy, select "WoodTile_Large.fabrication(Clone)"
5. Select the child object "default"
6. From the Inspector window, double-click on the Mesh from the Mesh Filter component
Expected result: No errors are thrown.
Actual result: Assertion failed on expression: 'request.key.guid.IsValid' is thrown.
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0a18, 2020.2.3f1, 2021.1.0b5, 2021.2.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.19f1, 2020.2.0a17
Could not test with: 2018.4.31f1 (project breaks after downgrading)
Assertion failed on expression: 'request.key.guid.IsValid()'
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- All models become suddenly stuck in weird poses and Animations are messed up when previewing any character animation in the Editor and looking around in the Scene View
- Files are not included in the “Assembly-CSharp.csproj” file when they are in the Editor folder
- [URP] Specular Color behavior does not match Legacy or HDRP
- [Linux] Array Element doesn't duplicate/delete when clicking "Duplicate/Delete Array Element" on an Array Element in a Prefab GameObject
- [ShaderGraph] Skewed guidelines are drawn from the top left corner of the Node when it is moved