Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Assertion failed on expression: 'request.key.guid.IsValid when selecting a Mesh
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Open scene "HeaderScene"
3. Enter Play Mode
4. In the Hierarchy, select "WoodTile_Large.fabrication(Clone)"
5. Select the child object "default"
6. From the Inspector window, double-click on the Mesh from the Mesh Filter component
Expected result: No errors are thrown.
Actual result: Assertion failed on expression: 'request.key.guid.IsValid' is thrown.
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0a18, 2020.2.3f1, 2021.1.0b5, 2021.2.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.19f1, 2020.2.0a17
Could not test with: 2018.4.31f1 (project breaks after downgrading)
Assertion failed on expression: 'request.key.guid.IsValid()'
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast from certain positions fails to detect a hit
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build