Search Issue Tracker
Under Consideration for 2022.2.X
"Assertion failed on expression" exceptions are thrown when using IJobParallelForTransformExtensions.RunReadOnly
How to reproduce:
1. Download and open the attached "Repro__project" project
2. Open the "Scene" scene
3. Enter "Plat" mode
4. Observe the console window
Expected outcome: No errors appear
Actual outcome: "Assertion failed on expression: 'jobParameters.dependency == JobFence()'
Work:LateUpdate () (at Assets/Work.cs:58)" errors appear
Reproducible with: 2022.2.0a17, 2022.2.21f1, 2023.1.0b19, 2023.2.0a17
Not reproducible with: 2021.3.26f1, 2022.2.0a16
Using IJobParallelForTransformExtensions.ScheduleReadOnly(..).Complete() on the same job does not trigger the assert (but that's not an acceptable workaround as it forces a wait on any _other running jobs_).
2. How can we reproduce it using the example you attached
Open scene, go to playmode, observe assert spew.
Checking "Rotate" or "Use Job" in the Work component of the Work gameobject makes the assert stop.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets
- Referred style sheet stays dirty after saving when using the UIBuilder
- The Height map Amplitude is not working when using HDRP/LayeredLit
- Infinite inertial tensor rotation values are not discarded (both AB and RB)
- Crash at "UnityEngine.Object:FindObjectsOfType" when quitting the Player