Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X, 2019.3.X
Assertion failed on expression Error is thrown when Orthographic Camera and a Particle System with Specific settings are used
Required Particle System settings to reproduce the issue:
1. Render Sort Mode - "By Distance"
2. Transform Scale.z - "0"
How to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached project ("Projectzip") using the EnvIronman VM (more information in Edit).
2. Open the SampleScene
3. Select "ErrorParticle" in the Hierarchy
4. Observe the console window
Expected result: No errors are displayed
Actual result: Assertion failed on expression: 'IsNormalized(normal, 0.001f)' error is constantly thrown
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.3.0b3
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0b4, 2018.4.7f1, 2019.2.3f1, 2019.3.0b1, 2020.1.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Incorrect Burst Exception Control Flow in Editor due to Mono Handling of calli instruction
- [Linux] Packman options to add package from Git URL doesn't always show the window directly below the + button
- "UnityEngine.SystemInfo.processorFrequency" logs a value of 0 on M1 macs
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline