Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2
'Assertion failed: m_HandleManager.IsValidHandle (renderer.m_Handle)' error shown when setting updateWhenOffscreen via script
1. Open the project, attached by user (SMR.zip)
2. Open "Repro" scene
3. Enter Play mode
4. Observe console
Expected: no error or crashes occur when the updateWhenOffscreen for the SkinnedMeshRenderer is set to true via script
Actual: 'Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'm_HandleManager.IsValidHandle (renderer.m_Handle)' is shown when setting the updateWhenOffscreen to true via script while object with SkinnedMeshRenderer is inactive
Reproduced in 5.6.1f1, 2017.1.0b6
Did not reproduce in 5.4.5p1, 5.5.3p2
Fixed in 2017.2.0a2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UnityEditor.AssetDatabase.GetDependencies does not find C# script parent scripts.
- [IL2CPP] The unique identifier of a thread differs inside and outside of the thread
- [VR]Half of screen is always shaded in Single Pass Instaced on AMD cards
- Building with il2cpp, arm64, and daydream/cardboard causes unresponsive app.
- Unity Import processes while opening a project repeatedly take the window focus away from other activities