Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1
Fixed in 2017.3
Assembly Definition Files could not find References in the Editor
Adding the references using the editor, it would not be able to find them and throw the exception
1. Download attached project "Digimon 3D.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open "Application" scene
3. Open "Digimon 3D" folder and select "Digimon 3D.asmdef" file
4. In Inspector window fill Missing Reference fields with these files:
5. Click "Apply" button
Expected Result: Files will be applied in References fields
Actual Result: All those selected files will disappear from References fields and Console will be spammed with the exceptions:
AssemblyDefinitionException: Could not find assembly reference 'TheDialgaTeam.Modules.System'
AssemblyDefinitionException: Could not find assembly reference 'TheDialgaTeam.Modules.UnityEngine'
AssemblyDefinitionException: Could not find assembly reference 'TheDialgaTeam.MVCC'
- This issue appears on Windows and OSX
- It works fine in Visual Studio
Reproduced on Unity 2017.3.0b1, 2017.3.0b2 and 2017.3.0b3
Could not check for regression on 2017.2, because files becomes corrupted
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on GameObject::ActivateAwakeRecursively when exiting Play Mode
- [Asset Bundles] Bundles are not cached when using certain request URLs
- [URP] Color correction effects are applied to overlay camera when only being added to the base camera
- Ribbon trail with Attach Ribbons To Transform checked and Simulation Space property set to World is attached to (0,0,0) position
- Inconsistency displaying company name in Package Manager UI