Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.17f1, 2023.1.0b14, 2023.2.0a6
Application is not updated on device when it's signed with a different key. --fastdeploy issue
* Open attached Unity project
* adb install Empty.apk attached to this ticket (you can do it, by opening logcat package, tools->open terminal->adb install <path_to_emty.apk>
* In SampleScene->MainCamera, change Background color to something else, for ex., Red
* Build & Run from Unity to Android device (it will attempt to install the package with the same name, but different key)
* Nothing will start on the device and there's no error in Console, if it will start, the background color will not be Red, meaning the old package was used
* That's the issue, fastdeploy fails to install the app and doesn't report any errors
Actual Result: The app is not installed and no error is printed
Expected Result: The is not installed, error is printed to console with the reason why it wasn't installed "Unable to install APK to device. "
Note: If you'll attempt to do normal adb install with apk produced by editor you'll get
E:\Projects\unityv5\External\NonRedistributable\Android sdk\builds\platform-tools>adb install D:\UnityProjects\Empty\a.apk
Performing Streamed Install
adb: failed to install D:\UnityProjects\Empty\a.apk: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE: Package com.DefaultCompany.Empty signatures do not match previously installed version; ignoring!]
Workaround: uninstall the app from the device after changing the keystore / key or building from the different computer than before.
There's a ticket on Google's issue tracker - [https://partnerissuetracker.corp.google.com/u/1/issues/236615033,] where they said:
"After discussions internally we can acknowledge that this functionality is currently not working as expected. However we have no timeline for any remedy to this situation and in the meantime advise Unity not to use this functionality."
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Building 3D Sample Scenes (URP) Project fails
- Alpha channel is disabled when Alpha Clip Threshold is set to 0
- The Physics 2D Profiler module does not display the information about processed physics in the scene when profiling the application as a Development Build
- A Script Component that has a serialized custom class is not detecting changes in the first boolean variable when entering the Play mode with the Script Components GameObject opened in the Inspector
- “SendMessage cannot be called during Awake“ warnings appear when loading a scene with “LoadSceneAsync“ if using UI Toolkit in the scene