Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
Application freezes or throws errors when built as an .AAB file with Split Application Binary enabled
1. Open the reproduction project (there is none available in this case)
2. Go to Edit > Project Settings... > Player > Publishing Settings and enable Split Application Binary
3. Go to Build Settings and enable Build App Bundle (Google Play)
4. Build the project
5. Convert the .AAB file to a .APKS file using the command 'bundletool build-apks --bundle=/PathTo/project.aab --output=/PathTo/project.apks'
6. Connect an Android device to your system
7. Install the project using the command 'bundletool install-apks --apks=/PathTo/project.apks'
8. Launch the installed application
Expected result: The application launches without any issue
Case_1: A message box with "Unable to initialize the Unity Engine" appears
Case_2: The application freezes on the splash screen
Case_3: A message box with "Not enough storage space to install required resources" appears
Reproducible with: 2020.3.19f1, 2020.3.21f1, 2020.3.22f1
Pixel 5A, Pixel 2XL, Pixel 2, Motorola G8 Play, Motorola E6, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G, Samsung Galaxy A90, Samsung Galaxy A71, Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy A52, Vivo V2032, LG Velvet, LG Fortune 2, Redmi 8, Oppo R9
- The above Unity versions and Android devices reproduce the issue according to the user
- The reproduction steps are written here in case a reproduction project appears down the line or is located somewhere unreachable to CQA
- Following these reproduction steps while using an empty Unity project does not result in any of the errors or freezing
- The problem is inconsistent and reproduces easier on certain devices rather than on others
- Inae Kim mentioned that they were able to reproduce Case_2 result of the issue
- The Case_1 and Case_3 results occur once in 10-50 times
- If the '--mode=universal' flag is used in step 5, the issue disappears, however, the user cannot use the flag due to application upload restrictions
Jul 05, 2022 06:28
Hello, our team is currently facing this problem on Unity 2020.3.34. Device is Vivo 1906 (Android 11); and Realme C11 (2021, Android 11).
Anyone still having similar issues?
Jan 17, 2022 15:32
2020.3.26 doesn't contain this issue, at least for our project.
Jan 10, 2022 10:15
We're also experiencing this issue in 2020.3.25f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed in 2022.2.0a1
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in 2022.1.0b3
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in 2020.3.26f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in 2019.4.35f1