Search Issue Tracker
Fix In Review for 2022.2.X
Fix In Review for 2019.4.X, 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X
Application freezes or throws errors when built as an .AAB file with Split Application Binary enabled
1. Open the reproduction project (there is none available in this case)
2. Go to Edit > Project Settings... > Player > Publishing Settings and enable Split Application Binary
3. Go to Build Settings and enable Build App Bundle (Google Play)
4. Build the project
5. Convert the .AAB file to a .APKS file using the command 'bundletool build-apks --bundle=/PathTo/project.aab --output=/PathTo/project.apks'
6. Connect an Android device to your system
7. Install the project using the command 'bundletool install-apks --apks=/PathTo/project.apks'
8. Launch the installed application
Expected result: The application launches without any issue
Case_1: A message box with "Unable to initialize the Unity Engine" appears
Case_2: The application freezes on the splash screen
Case_3: A message box with "Not enough storage space to install required resources" appears
Reproducible with: 2020.3.19f1, 2020.3.21f1, 2020.3.22f1
Pixel 5A, Pixel 2XL, Pixel 2, Motorola G8 Play, Motorola E6, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G, Samsung Galaxy A90, Samsung Galaxy A71, Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy A52, Vivo V2032, LG Velvet, LG Fortune 2, Redmi 8, Oppo R9
- The above Unity versions and Android devices reproduce the issue according to the user
- The reproduction steps are written here in case a reproduction project appears down the line or is located somewhere unreachable to CQA
- Following these reproduction steps while using an empty Unity project does not result in any of the errors or freezing
- The problem is inconsistent and reproduces easier on certain devices rather than on others
- Inae Kim mentioned that they were able to reproduce Case_2 result of the issue
- The Case_1 and Case_3 results occur once in 10-50 times
- If the '--mode=universal' flag is used in step 5, the issue disappears, however, the user cannot use the flag due to application upload restrictions
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- BuildPipeline error is thrown when building Asset Bundles
- "IndexOutOfRangeException" errors appear when entering Play Mode if using "AsDeferredJobArray"
- [Mobile] System.Convert.ToSingle throws exception when using specific language on device