Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X
[Android] App stops due to OnPixelCopyFinishedListener not being supported on devices with lower than 24 SDK
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "TestKitKat.zip"
2. Build and Run on Android
Expected result: The app opens and loads
Actual result: The app gets shutdown
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0a11, 2020.3.4f1, 2021.1.6f1
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.35f1, 2019.4.25f1
Can't test with: 2021.2.0a15 - does not support SDK 19
VLNQA00038, Htc Desire 510 (HTC Desire 510), Android 4.4.3, CPU: Snapdragon 410, GPU: Adreno 306 (edited)
VLNQA00030, Lge LG G2, Android: 4.4.2, CPU: Snapdragon 800 MSM8974, GPU: Adreno (TM) 330
Not reproducible with:
VLNQA00042 Lge LG G3 (LG-D855), Android 5, CPU: Snapdragon 801 MSM8974AC, GPU: Adreno (TM) 330
N/A, Oneplus OnePlus Nord, Android: 10, GPU: Adreno (TM) 620
VLNQA00006, Samsung Galaxy S7, Android: 8.0.0, CPU: Exynos 8 Octa 8890, GPU: Mali-T880
VLNQA00121, Samsung Galaxy S9, Android: 9, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9810, GPU: Mali-G72
- 2020.2.0a1 - 2020.2.0a10 black screen but no error
- This causes the app to shut down: I/dalvikvm(28105): Failed resolving Lcom/unity3d/player/f$a; interface 119 'Landroid/view/PixelCopy$OnPixelCopyFinishedListener;'
May 29, 2023 13:52
Same problem on Unity 2021.3.13
Dec 24, 2021 07:43
This issue still exist in Unity 2020.3.19f1
Dec 04, 2021 07:06
Same problem in Unity 2020.3.22f1 and 2021.1.26f1.
Why is this marked "resolved" when it is on the list of "known issues" in every 2021.1 patch note?
Can someone tell me which version of Unity does not have this error? Or at least why this happens: because of the call of some functions, build settings, or always on a certain version of the engine?
Is Unity tackling this issue at all? My game has been crashing for two months on devices with Android 8.0 and below. I reply to emails every day and promise to fix it, but I still have no idea what I'm dealing with.
Nov 26, 2021 06:51
I also found this problem on unity2020.3.22f1c1y, and the application crashed directly
I/dalvikvm( 3998): Failed resolving Lcom/unity3d/player/f$a; interface 150 'Landroid/view/PixelCopy$OnPixelCopyFinishedListener;'
W/dalvikvm( 3998): Link of class 'Lcom/unity3d/player/f$a;' failed
Nov 17, 2021 07:41
This issue still exist in Unity 2019.4.32f1
Oct 27, 2021 20:58
This issue is listed as a known bug in Unity 2021.1.23 release notes, yet it says here it was fixed in Unity 2021.1.9
Is this actually fixed? Is there a new issue for the regression in 2021.1.23?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [VFX Graph] VFX graph is still dark when using Light Mode
- The Rotation of Child GameObject with the Interpolating RigidBody is set to a random number when changing the Rotation of Parent GameObject
- [Shader Graph] Shader graph is still dark when using Light Mode
- [Android] QosService.Instance.GetSortedMultiplayQosResultsAsync crashes Player when it's built
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Player is not killed when using xkill command
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in 2021.1.9f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in 2020.3.11f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in 2019.4.28f1