Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[Animator][Regression] GetLocalizedString error is displayed after double-clicking animator state
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Unity;
2. Create new project;
3. Import attached 'animatorTest.unitypackage' package;
4. In the Project go to Assets -> Slenderman;
5. Open SlenderController.controller;
6. In the animator window double click on any grey state (Pose, Walk etc);
7. Observe console.
"GetLocalizedString is not allowed to be called from a MonoBehaviour constructor, call it in Awake or Start instead. Called from script 'AvatarMaskInspector' on game object ''.
See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details.
is shown when selecting animator state. See attached video and actual.png screenshot.
Regression introduced in Unity 5.4.0.
Errors should not be shown after picking animator state.
- Reproducible in: 5.4.0b6, 5.4.0b5;
- Reproducible in OSX 10.11.3 and Windows 10;
- Not reproducible in: 5.3.2f1, 5.3.1f1;
- Error is shown when double clicking on animator state only for the first time, further clicking doesn't throw that error;
- Error is also shown when entering play mode after picking animator state.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform