Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
Animator.Update(0) within the Update modifies the Root Motion of GameObject
1. Open the attached project "AnimatorDeltaPosition_519276.zip";
2. Open the "scene" under Repro folder;
3. Make sure that the "Zero Delta Time Tick" is enabled under the "Nolan" character component "Animation Monitor"
4. Enter a play mode;
5. Observe the results in the console.
Expected results: when Update(0) is called, the character moves a distance of ~3.19.
Actual results: when Update(0) is called the character moves a distance of 2.82.
Reproduced on: 2017.4.8f1, 2018.1.9f1, 2018.2.2f1, 2018.3.0a6.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Windows High DPI scaling breaks Graphics.DrawTexture
- Particle system billboard particles are invisible when specific "3D Start Rotation" with "Random Between 2 Constants" is applied
- Preview Camera has wrong CameraType when Camera preview is present on Scene View
- Scaling the box in Events Example of ExtOSC plugin causes Unity to crash
- [HDRP] The Game Object is invisible in the Scene and Shader Graph prieview when the Transform node set World to Object position