Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
[Animation] NullReferenceException is thrown when New Script is Added to Animation State from "Add Behaviour" in the Inspector
Adding New Script to Animation State causes editor to throw NullReferenceException, Refer attached video
Steps to repro:
Create a new Project
Project > right-click > Create > Animator Controller > Open
Animator Blackboard > right-click > Create State > Empty
Select "New State"
Inspector > Add Behaviour > New Script > Enter Name > Create and Add
NullReferenceException errors are thrown in the console on adding New Script to Animation State.
New script is added to Animation State without any exceptions
Working Fine in:
Windows 10 & macOS 10.14.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.Graphs.AnimationStateMachine.StateMachineBehaviorsEditor.BuildEditorList (UnityEngine.StateMachineBehaviour behaviours) (at <fbf7b765d0734eb5a695036ccdd28df5>:0)
UnityEditor.Graphs.AnimationStateMachine.StateMachineBehaviorsEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at <fbf7b765d0734eb5a695036ccdd28df5>:0)
UnityEditor.Graphs.AnimationStateMachine.StateEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at <fbf7b765d0734eb5a695036ccdd28df5>:0)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass55_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <c68d6dc296e3436796126be8249ff304>:0)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible
- Input.GetKey() returns true for Alt key after Alt+Tabbing and reopening Build during Coroutine