Search Issue Tracker
Animation clip extracted from model's file size increases unreasonably after adding new keyframes
By Design: When the clip is edited and saved, the curves necessary to edit the clip are generated and saved to disk. Those curves have no bearing on the final size of the clip in a release build.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download and open the attached project
2. Duplicate the animation clip from the model
3. Observe file size of the new animation clip(~200 kb)
4. Add the model to the scene
5. Replace the inbuilt animation clip with the duplicated animation clip
6. Record new keyframes on the clip (e.g. set scale of a bone)
7. Save the project
8. Check the animation clip size again
Expected result: file size is relatively the same
Actual result: file size increased by 3 to 4 times
Reproduced on 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.3f1, 2018.1.8f1, 2018.2.0f1, 2018.3.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] Two identical HDRP templates are shown in new project creation when selecting 2019.1.8f1 or 2019.1.7f1 version
- (Asset DB v1) Deleted Metadata is re-imported based on asset (as opposed to on default behaviour) created off
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- Serialized bodyMask property appends to itself with each reimport if clipAnimations is modified in OnPostProcess
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.