Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.1.X
[Anim] name change to parameter gives error at runtime
changing the name of an assigned parameter, then generates an error at runtime...
"BlendTree "Blend Tree" in state "viz" in Controller "" uses parameter "test" which does not exist."
... in this case, the "Blend Tree" state in Controller "testcontroller" uses parameter "test" which DOES exist.
- what is "viz"?
- what is Controller ""
-create an Animator Controller
-in the controller, RMB > Create State > From New Blend Tree
(this also creates a "Blend" parameter on the controller, expected)
-double-click the Blend Tree state and select the Blend Tree node inside it.
-click Editor Play and notice that there is no error in the console. Stop runtime.
-click the Parameters tab of the controller and rename the "Blend" param to "test".
-click Editor Play... error
bug: "BlendTree "Blend Tree" in state "viz" in Controller "" uses parameter "test" which does not exist."
see attached gif
expected result: no error message since the param does exist.
Version 5.6.0f1 (95292252f04a)
not repro in Version 5.5.2p2 (03f34082a9c0)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When the project name contains a ";" character, the editor crashes while creating a script.
- New Cubemap is inserted at the end of the array when baking an individual Probe
- Crash on GfxTaskExecutorD3D12::AddRequiredResourceBarriers when opening the project
- WebGL build fails with a UnicodeDecodeError
- MSB3073 error is thrown when building App Packages in Visual Studio