Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.1.X
[Anim] name change to parameter gives error at runtime
changing the name of an assigned parameter, then generates an error at runtime...
"BlendTree "Blend Tree" in state "viz" in Controller "" uses parameter "test" which does not exist."
... in this case, the "Blend Tree" state in Controller "testcontroller" uses parameter "test" which DOES exist.
- what is "viz"?
- what is Controller ""
-create an Animator Controller
-in the controller, RMB > Create State > From New Blend Tree
(this also creates a "Blend" parameter on the controller, expected)
-double-click the Blend Tree state and select the Blend Tree node inside it.
-click Editor Play and notice that there is no error in the console. Stop runtime.
-click the Parameters tab of the controller and rename the "Blend" param to "test".
-click Editor Play... error
bug: "BlendTree "Blend Tree" in state "viz" in Controller "" uses parameter "test" which does not exist."
see attached gif
expected result: no error message since the param does exist.
Version 5.6.0f1 (95292252f04a)
not repro in Version 5.5.2p2 (03f34082a9c0)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Building 3D Sample Scenes (URP) Project fails
- Alpha channel is disabled when Alpha Clip Threshold is set to 0
- The Physics 2D Profiler module does not display the information about processed physics in the scene when profiling the application as a Development Build
- A Script Component that has a serialized custom class is not detecting changes in the first boolean variable when entering the Play mode with the Script Components GameObject opened in the Inspector
- “SendMessage cannot be called during Awake“ warnings appear when loading a scene with “LoadSceneAsync“ if using UI Toolkit in the scene