Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
[Android] When fullscreen = FALSE and Render Outside Safe Area = TRUE notch area is not rendered on Android 9 devices
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Make sure fullscreen is set to FALSE in "ED_Test" script
3. In Player Settings Resolution and Presentation "Render outside safe area" should be enabled
4. Build and run on a device which supports notch
Result: Notch area is not rendered on some devices
Expected result: either notch area should be rendered on all devices which support notch, or it should not be rendered and it should be documented that "fullscreen" setting overrides "Render outside safe area"
VLNQA00229, fb8fa527, ONEPLUS 6T, ONEPLUS A6013, Snapdragon 845 SDM845, Adreno (TM) 630, 9.0.0
VLNQA00265, RF8M138MVSX, SAMSUNG Galaxy s10, SM-G973F, Exynos 9 9820, Mali-G76, 9.0.0
VLNQA00261, R38KA07RA3N, SAMSUNG S 10+, SM-G975U, Snapdragon 855 SM8150, Adreno (TM) 640, 9.0.0
-, R38M20HEPRD, SAMSUNG Galaxy Fold, SM-F900F, Snapdragon 855, Adreno 640 , 9.0.0
VLNQA00166, UBV0218412000859, HUAWEI P20, EML-L29, HiSilicon Kirin 970, Mali-G72, 8.1.0
VLNQA00138, WCR0218331000896, HUAWEI P20 Pro, CLT-L29, HiSilicon Kirin 970, Mali-G72, 8.1.0
Reproducible: 2019.2.0a12, 2019.1.0f2, 2019.1.0a9, 2018.3.13f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Mar 03, 2021 05:33
I have just found this website on google.com
Apr 25, 2020 19:24
This is how I came to understand it also as being misinterpreted with the division of the notch and the rendered area. We have seen a similarity when running the same scenario on our website https://www.anchorage-janitorial-services.com and recognized this occurrence from the phone mode that our sight was showing up on based on the metric tweaks.
Nov 19, 2019 00:06
This is not a bug. It is just easily misunderstood.
Setting 'renderOutsideSafeArea' true with fullscreen enabled will cover the entire screen.
Setting 'renderOutsideSafeArea' true with fullscreen disabled will allow the standard view to appear in the center of the screen.
Setting 'renderOutsideSafeArea' false with fullscreen enabled will display a black bar for the notch, but render to the remaining screen.
Setting 'renderOutsideSafeArea' false with fullscreen disabled will display a black bar for the notch and divide the remaining unused area equally on both sides of the rendered area.
Supporting the notch with fullscreen disabled acts as a means to center the view, despite not necessarily making use of the newly reclaimed area.