Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X
[Android][Vulkan] Crash on Adreno devices with Vulkan when using subpass data from previous subpass
1. Open the attached user's Project "SRPTest.zip"
2. In the Project window under "Assets/Scenes" open "SampleScene.unity"
3. Switch the Platform to Android
4. Build for Android
Expected result: the app does not crash on Adreno devices with Vulkan when using subpass data from previous subpass
Actual result: crash on Adreno devices with Vulkan when using subpass data from previous subpass
Reproduces on: 2019.4.13f1, 2020.1.10f1, 2020.0b8, 2021.1.0a3
Could not test on 2018.4 due to Custom SRP errors in the Console
Reproducible on these devices:
VLNQA00339, Lge LG V50 ThinQ 5G (LM-V500N), Android 10, CPU: Snapdragon 855 SM8150, GPU: Adreno (TM) 640
VLNQA00024, Xiaomi Mi 5 (MI 5), Android 7.0, CPU: Snapdragon 820 MSM8996, GPU: Adreno (TM) 530
Not Reproducible on these devices:
N/A, Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F), Android 8.0.0, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9810, GPU: Mali-G72
VLNQA00316, Samsung Galaxy Note10 (SM-N970F), Android 9, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9825, GPU: Mali-G76
VLNQA00310 iPad Pro 12.9 1st gen (iOS 13.4.1) (Metal)
-A workaround is to have a "null" Unity draw command in the empty subpass. E.g. a vertex shader that returns 0 and a fragment shader that is configured with a 0 mask. This seems to correct the layout of the problematic attachment. It's available (commented) in the attached code at "Assets/Scripts/MyPipeline.cs:51"
-Crash reproduces with Mono and IL2CPP Scripting Backend
-Crash does not reproduce with OpenGLES 3 and OpenGLES 2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [VFX Graph] Lit/Unlit particles are not compiled with new ShaderGraph integration
- Terrain is not affected by Environmental Lighting when Draw Instanced is turned on
- UI Toolkit: Gaps between VisualElements with Grow 1, when scaled with "Scale With Screen Size"
- Scrollbar does not appear in ScrollView when flex-grow of TextField is set to 1
- [Linux] Editor crashes at "DisconnectGtkSignal(void*, GtkCallbackResponse (*)(), void*)" when opening floating windows