Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
[Android] Unable to properly address the Assets as the path to "output.json" is in "patch.obb" instead of "main.obb"
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "1347394.zip"
2. Build the project with the name "test.apk" in the "Build" folder
3. Make sure both "Test" and "Cube" Scenes are attached to the Build
4. Through the File Explorer navigate to the project's destination
5. In the Build folder extract the newly built "test.main.obb"
6. Copy the file HiddenFile from the Projects assets folder to the extracted test.main/assets folder (filename is found in an internal edit)
7. Zip this assets folder (the .zip should include the Assets folder in it) and rename it to "test.patch.obb" getting rid of the .zip extension
8. Move this "test.patch.obb" file back to the Build folder
9. Open a terminal in the Build folder
10. Run the following ADB commands (on the Mac OS user attached "push.command", "logcat.command" scripts can be used instead):
a. adb install -r -f -i com.android.vending "test.apk"
b. adb push test.patch.obb /storage/self/primary/Android/obb/com.test.test/patch.1.com.test.test.obb
c. adb push test.main.obb /storage/self/primary/Android/obb/com.test.test/main.1.com.test.test.obb
11. Clear the device's logcat: adb logcat -c
12. Open the application on the device and wait till the white cube loads onto the Scene
13. Print out the logcat: adb logcat | findstr com.test.test
14. Search for the line "path=jar" that includes the "output.json"
Expected result: The path to the output is the following: "path=jar:file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/obb/com.test.test/main.1.com.test.test.obb!/assets/output.json"
Actual result: The path to the output is the following: "path=jar:file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/obb/com.test.test/patch.1.com.test.test.obb!/assets/output.json"
Reproducible with: 2018.4.36f1, 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.14f1, 2021.1.14f1, 2021.2.0a17
Not reproducible with: 2021.2.0a18, 2021.2.0b3, 2022.1.0a1
VLNQA00099, Google Pixel XL (Pixel XL), Android 10, CPU: Snapdragon 821 MSM8996 Pro, GPU: Adreno (TM) 530
VLNQA00380, Xiaomi MI 8 Lite (MI 8 Lite), Android 9, CPU: Snapdragon 660, GPU: Adreno (TM) 512
VLNQA00381, Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro (Redmi Note 8 Pro), Android 9, CPU: MediaTek Helios G90T MT6785T, GPU: Mali-G76 MC4
VLNQA00052, Xiaomi MI MAX (MI MAX), Android 7.0, CPU: Snapdragon 617 MSM8952, GPU: Adreno (TM) 510
Could not test on:
VLNQA00004, Meizu MX5 (MX5), Android 5.0.1, CPU: MediaTek Helio X10 MT6795T, GPU: PowerVR Rogue G6200 (the initial scene does not load and the screen is black instead)
- The hash file GUID file in 2021.2.0b3 and above is called "unity_obb_guid" instead (this requires for it to be moved to the "assets" folder that is inside of the extracted "test.main")
- It is unclear if this can cause any issues, as the files are still properly loaded even when the paths are shown to be incorrect
- Does not reproduce anymore from 2020.3, however, the exact version this has stopped reproducing in is currently unknown
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Back Triple Camera is not focusing manually and automatically
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags