Search Issue Tracker
[Android] Several unnecessary permissions are added to app manifest
In Unity 5.1, the following permissions are added to AndroidManifest.xml even when these permissions are not required for the app.
In the previous versions, these permissions are added only when required.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Scene\Game view is grey when two "Universal Additional Camera Data" scripts are attached to the camera
- NullReferenceException error thrown when changing Scenes in Play Mode
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
- [Linux] Player consumes more CPU resources when it is running in the background
Nov 09, 2017 10:38
Unity is adding these three permissions
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
as soon as I put a custom AndroidManifest.xml in the project to be merged.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create new Unity project
- Add this manifest (Plugins/Android/ManifestTest/AndroidManifest.xml)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="com.manifest.test" android:versionName="1.0.0">
- Deploy on device
- Unity has added above three permissions for no reason since this is a completely blank project and I'm not using any third party library or dll.
- I'm using Unity2017 Free, I'll try with a licensed Plus version when I get the chance
Can you please advice?
May 29, 2017 19:01
Pretty scummy to force hardware stats collection...
Nov 22, 2016 04:17
Why won't this be fixed? Or can someone please point me to the setting in Unity Pro that disables the generation of these permissions in an empty project?
Aug 15, 2015 08:50
Explanation is here:
"For 5.2 release, READ_PHONE_STATE is fixed. However, INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE are related to hardware stats collection and can not be disabled unless you are a Pro user." - sschan
Aug 12, 2015 17:28
I can not release to, 5.1 is like vista, hope 5.2 will be better !!
Aug 02, 2015 22:48
Jul 31, 2015 12:47
Jul 30, 2015 11:50
Would it be possible to get an explanation for the Won't Fix status?
Jul 24, 2015 15:18
I'd also appreciate an update regarding won't fix status...
Jul 21, 2015 16:18
my game has no permissions when I compile it using 5.0.3f2.
when I compile it using 5.1.0f3, it requires permissions (100% absolutely the same source code):
Why "Won't fix"?