Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X
[Android] Screen.SetResolution() does not set Safe Area to correct values
On Android devices with notches (E.g. Huawei Nova 5T and OnePlus 6T), Screen.safeArea does not return the correct value after setting the screen resolution via Screen.SetResolution() until we rotate the device. Screen.safeArea.ToString() returns wrong (old) safe area.
1. Build and Run the attached project on Android device with a notch ("AndroidSafeAreaBug.zip")
2. On device: check and memorize value 'x' (on OnePlus 6T it was "x:79").
3. On device: click on Toggle Resolution (notice: resolution was changed from 1080P to 720P)
4. On device: check 'x' value now
Expected: 'x' value becomes smaller (on OnePlus 6T, instead of 'x:79' it becomes 'x:53')
Actual: 'x' value stays at the same number even after the resolution has been changed. Rotating phone 180 degrees and back fixes the problem.
Reproduced with: 2019.4.12f1, 2020.1.8f1, 2020.2.0b6, 2021.1.0a2.
Couldn't test with: 2018.4.28f1 (errors in the Console).
VLNQA00229, Oneplus OnePlus6T (ONEPLUS A6013), Android 9, CPU: Snapdragon 845 SDM845, GPU: Adreno (TM) 630
354652103384673, Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G975F), Android 10.0, CPU: Exynos 9820 (ARMv8), GPU: Mali-G76
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D] Texture 2D Array preview looks corrupted when Mip Map Filtering is set to Box at different Mip levels
- [HDRP][XR] Shadergraph tessellation work differently with XR
- Not uploading texture to the 3D API / GPU during importing has regressed StreamingTests.TextureLoad test in performance
- [Physics] The capsule jitters falling into the cracks between triangle edges
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown when right-clicking certain Hierarchy window items during Play Mode exit process