Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.1
[Android] Input.deviceOrientation doesn't return orientation of the device
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "862093orientation.zip" project
2. Build and run on android device
3. Run the app keeping the device portrait oriented. The label should read "Portrait"
4. Tilt the device 90 degrees counterclockwise. The UI should autorotate and the label should read "LandscapeLeft"
5. From now on, keep the device with this orientation, do not rotate it anymore
6. Press the LandscapeLeft button. This will disable autorotation and force the screen to stay oriented in LandscapeLeft. The label should show LandscapeLeft
7. Press the LandscapeRight button. This will force the screen to stay oriented in LandscapeRight (upside down for you). The label shows "LandscapeRight"
Expected result: the label reports the device orientation, and it should not be dependent on the screen orientation. It should always read LandscapeLeft if the device is tilted 90 degrees to the left!
Resproducible: 5.3.7p3, 5.4.4p2, 5.5.1p2, 5.6.0b7
LG G5 [LG-H850], Qualcomm Snapdragon 820, Adreno 530, OS 6.0.1
Google Nexus 4 [mako], Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro, Adreno 320, 5.1.1
Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo [SM-G903F], Samsung Exynos 7 Octa, ARM Mali-T720 6.0.1
iPhone 6+ (iOS 10.1)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Default Scripting Backend in Universal Render Pipeline template is set to il2cpp
- Texture importer assigns wrong texture compression formats to lightmap textures
- Unity crashes when opening the project
- Lightmap Encoding Quality settings do not apply to Shadowmask textures
- [UIR] Lines separating packages wiggle in Packman at 150%