Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
[Android][IL2CPP] App crashes during launch with "Using memoryadresses from more than 16GB of memory" messages on Android 11
1. Create a new project
2. Switch build target to Android
3. Set Scripting Backend to IL2CPP and Target Architecture to ARM64
4. Build and Run on Android (might need to be flashed with HWASan)
Actual: App crashes on launch before the splash screen
Reproducible with: 2018.4.28f1, 2019.4.13f1. 2020.1.10f1, 2020.2.0b8, 2021.1.0a1
Tested and reproduced on:
Google Pixel 3 XL - (AOSP on crosshatch), Android 11, CPU: Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845, GPU: Adreno (TM) 630
Didn't reproduce on:
VLNQA00001, Google Pixel 2 (Pixel 2), Android 11, CPU: Snapdragon 835 MSM8998, GPU: Adreno (TM) 540
VLNQA00318, Oneplus 7Pro (GM1913), Android 9, CPU: Snapdragon 855 SM8150, GPU: Adreno (TM) 640
VLNQA00231, Huawei HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro (LYA-L29), Android 9, CPU: HiSilicon Kirin 980, GPU: Mali-G76
N/A, Oneplus OnePlus 6 (ONEPLUS A6003), Android 10, CPU: Snapdragon 845 SDM845, GPU: Adreno (TM) 630
- Didn't reproduce on factory Android 11 with an empty project
- Reproduces only when targeting ARM64
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Jun 02, 2021 08:16
Reproduced again with 2019.4.27f1
Feb 25, 2021 10:31
Reproduced again with 2019.4.20f1
Feb 18, 2021 12:23
Found this in device logs about time it froze, hope it helps:
02-18 15:09:52.503 14749 15478 E Unity : Using memoryadresses from more than 16GB of memory
02-18 15:09:52.503 14749 15478 E Unity : (Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Allocator/UnityDefaultAllocator.cpp Line: 120)
Jan 28, 2021 14:26
This issue is fixed in:
Jan 25, 2021 02:25
The issue is not specific to Android 11 but is much easier to reproduce on that OS because of Scudo. We’ve seen crash logs on Android 9 and Android 10 but have always been unable to reproduce until now. We were unable to flash HWAsan Android 11 to Pixel 2 XL but have been able to reproduce the crash on factory Android 11 on Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3A XL, and Pixel 4 XL
Dec 26, 2020 08:47
Upgrade to Addressable 1.16.15 and Scriptable build pipeline 1.15.1, This issue is caused by Android 11 security patch update.
Nov 16, 2020 21:17
Is this fixed or not?
From the release notes
Known Issues in 2020.1.13f1:
- Mobile: [Android][IL2CPP] App crashes during launch with "Using memoryadresses from more than 16GB of memory" messages on Android 11
Nov 12, 2020 14:15
I can see it is listed as fixed in 2019.4, but which 2019.4 are we talking about..?
2019.4.14 was released on November 5th 2020 and yesterday this wasn't marked as fixed.
So is it 2019.4.15 ?
When writing these lines 2019.4.15 isn't out, so why is marked as fixed..?
Nov 11, 2020 21:06
Why does it say fixed in 2020.1 yet on 2020.1.13f1 (The lastest) it's listed as a known issue?
Please prioritize fixing this as I'm already getting bad reviews from crash on launch from android 11 users.
Nov 11, 2020 19:07
I see that this issue is listed as fixed in 2020.1, but checking the release notes for the 2020.1.13f1 this is still listed as a known issue.
I've also tested upgrading and can confirm this issue is not fixed in 2020.1.13f1.
Is this listing as 'fixed' incorrect, or do I need to wait for a new 2020.1 version?