Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
[Android][Gradle] Unnecessary .so files are created for untargetted architectures when building apk
1. Download and open attached "AarUnpackingTest.zip" project.
2. Go to build settings and make sure "Target Architectures" option is set to either ARMv7 or x86.
3. Build the project with Gradle.
4. After build is completed, extract the apk to see its contents.
5. Go to lib folder of the extracted content and notice that there are 2 folders for both platforms (ARMv7 and x86).
6. Notice that important.so file is present for both platforms even though only one was targeted.
Expected result: Unnecessary platform files are stripped from the main build. In this case, when selecting a platform, only for selected platform .so files are created and there are none .so files created for the other/untargeted platform.
Actual result: "important.so" file is created for untargeted platform.
Reproduced with: 2018.1.0a3, 2017.3.0b8, 2017.2.0p1, 2017.1.2p3, 5.6.4p2, 5.5.5p1.
Notes: build fails when building with internal build system selected.
Can be workarounded by specifying ABI filters in gradle script android.defaultConfig , for ex.,
Verified with: 2018.1.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Enable ProMotion Support" does not allow iPhone 13 Pro/Pro Max to run at higher refresh rates
- [Search Picker] Undoing selection in unity while the picker is opens doesn't close the picker
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible