Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.6
[Android] Crash on instantiating UnityPlayer without Activity
Crash on instantiating UnityPlayer without Activity
Steps to repro:
1) Create an new Unity project
2) Switch platform to Android
3) Enable "Google Android Project".
4) Export the project and import it to Android Studio or Eclipse
5) Build it and launch on the device. It should start normally.
6) Open UnityPlayerActivity.java and change this line
mUnityPlayer = new UnityPlayer(this);
mUnityPlayer = new UnityPlayer(this.getApplication());
7) Build the project now and try to launch it on the device now. The application will crash with the error message as one above.
Tested with Unity Version 5.3.0f3 (fdc0acad47d2)
Tue, 01 Dec 2015 19:16:49 GMT
Logcats are attached.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [IL2CPP][Android] Incorrect symbol length/symbols returned with "AndroidJavaClass"and "AndroidJavaProxy" on Android < 5.1.1
- Animating the alpha channel of a color in a material causes the RGB channels to be reset to 0
- [Mobile] TouchScreenKeyboardType is missing DecimalPad
- Memory leak in Scene Memory/RenderTexture when Scene View is active and 'Animated Materials' + 'Post Processings' toggles are on
- Ctrl + F should start search in PackageManager