Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.6
[Android] Crash on instantiating UnityPlayer without Activity
Crash on instantiating UnityPlayer without Activity
Steps to repro:
1) Create an new Unity project
2) Switch platform to Android
3) Enable "Google Android Project".
4) Export the project and import it to Android Studio or Eclipse
5) Build it and launch on the device. It should start normally.
6) Open UnityPlayerActivity.java and change this line
mUnityPlayer = new UnityPlayer(this);
mUnityPlayer = new UnityPlayer(this.getApplication());
7) Build the project now and try to launch it on the device now. The application will crash with the error message as one above.
Tested with Unity Version 5.3.0f3 (fdc0acad47d2)
Tue, 01 Dec 2015 19:16:49 GMT
Logcats are attached.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- On Script import/reimport MonoImporter does not generate consistent results due to updating Custom packages
- [Entities Graphics] Size of the Content Update generated folder increases when changes are made to the Scene
- In Play Mode, an extra Sync Call is made every frame when a GameObject has a Rigidbody 2D component
- Crash on block_remove when a scene is opened in a specific project
- The GameObject with a Hinge Joint Component does not return to the initial position when the Use Motor property is toggled off