Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.6
[Android] Crash on instantiating UnityPlayer without Activity
Crash on instantiating UnityPlayer without Activity
Steps to repro:
1) Create an new Unity project
2) Switch platform to Android
3) Enable "Google Android Project".
4) Export the project and import it to Android Studio or Eclipse
5) Build it and launch on the device. It should start normally.
6) Open UnityPlayerActivity.java and change this line
mUnityPlayer = new UnityPlayer(this);
mUnityPlayer = new UnityPlayer(this.getApplication());
7) Build the project now and try to launch it on the device now. The application will crash with the error message as one above.
Tested with Unity Version 5.3.0f3 (fdc0acad47d2)
Tue, 01 Dec 2015 19:16:49 GMT
Logcats are attached.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build
- Live Profiler Timeline keeps losing frame data while scrolling inside Profiler window
- Input.mouseScrollDelta.y is not correctly mapped to mouse wheel when running an iOS app on Apple Silicon Mac