Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.6
[Android] Crash on instantiating UnityPlayer without Activity
Crash on instantiating UnityPlayer without Activity
Steps to repro:
1) Create an new Unity project
2) Switch platform to Android
3) Enable "Google Android Project".
4) Export the project and import it to Android Studio or Eclipse
5) Build it and launch on the device. It should start normally.
6) Open UnityPlayerActivity.java and change this line
mUnityPlayer = new UnityPlayer(this);
mUnityPlayer = new UnityPlayer(this.getApplication());
7) Build the project now and try to launch it on the device now. The application will crash with the error message as one above.
Tested with Unity Version 5.3.0f3 (fdc0acad47d2)
Tue, 01 Dec 2015 19:16:49 GMT
Logcats are attached.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [DX12] ShaderData.VariantCompileInfo.ShaderData contains 38 extra bytes on DirectX 12
- Dynamic lights still show up in the Profiler consuming time when "Main Light" and "Additional Lights" are disabled in the UniversalRP-HighQuality asset
- Sprite Asset changes are unsaved after updating sprite atlas
- Graphics.DrawProcedural doesn't work like in DX11 when used with DX12
- [Quest 2] Running Entities Graphics/BatchRendererGroup under Vulkan results in a frame rate drop compared to OpenGLES 3 and causes Tile Binning to cost more