Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.1.X
[Android] 'Build and Run' attempts to push a build to device even if error (during the build) was encountered
1) Download and open user's attached project
2) Try to 'build and run' "EmptyScene" scene on any Android device
-- Notice that build fails with error: "Unable to convert classes into dex format. See the Console for details."
3) Press 'Ok' button
-- Notice that Unity still tries to push application to the device ignoring previous build error.
At the end throws this message:
"Unable to install APK to device. Please make sure the Android SDK is installed and is properly configured"
Unity stops building project as soon as error appears.
Regression appeared in 5.5.0p4
5.6.0f2, 5.6.0b1, 5.5.2p4, 5.5.0p4
Unable to reproduce with:
Issue has been fixed in 2017.1.0b1 and backported to 5.6.0p1 and 5.5.3p1
However using the shortcut to build (CTRL/CMD + B) still reproduced the issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Pressing Control when the Scene View is in focus logs a "CommandBuffer: temporary render texture not found while executing" warning
- [Android] UI is being scaled up on some Android devices when the referenced resolution in the "Canvas Scaler" component is larger than the actual screen resolution of the device
- Resizing the Scene View causes the Editor to lag when the Canvas contains many items and it's Rect Transform size is changed
- Gizmo Settings Menu overflows to another monitor when the Scene View is expanded
- [Android] Sprite transparency does not work when using RGB ETC1 format and a warning is shown "Cannot compress to ETC1. The split alpha channel and compression to ETC1 requires a packing tag."