Search Issue Tracker
Ambient lighting and reflection not created in new scene
We've run into an issue in LWRP with a test scene, this also repos in builtin and have found a very easy repo which should also fix the LWRP issue.
1) Open attached project (or create new project)
2) Go File/New Scene
3) Right click in the hierarchy and create a Cube
Expected results: Cube should have an ambient probe and default reflection probe
Actual results: Cube has black SH probe and also the default UnityBlack Cubemap
Didn't do full pass on testing but happens in 19.1b6 and works fine in 18.3f1 so it is a regression somewhere between there
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux][Mono] Crash on mono_exception_walk_trace when entering the Play Mode
- Memory usage rapidly increases when capturing a GameObject with a Line Renderer Component using Texture2D.ReadPixels
- Texture streaming causes all textures to be point filtered in Player when using Direct3D12 API
- [DXR] GPU memory leaks when Renderer.rayTracingMode is set to UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.RayTracingMode.DynamicGeometry
- RegisterValueChangeCallback is not called when changing the PropertyField value
Resolution Note (2019.2.X):
After investigating the issue further, it seems the culprit is the fact that Auto Generate is disabled by default in new scenes. Neither ambient reflection probe, nor ambient light probe are generated in realtime. In built-in RP, they are both generated upon baking the lighting in the lighting settings window.
Keep in mind however, that this does not affect the template scene, or the starting SampleScene after opening Unity. Only subsequently created scenes will manifest this issue.