Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.4.2 & 2.0.2
Found in [Package]
Adding text using Select() and MoveTextEnd()/MoveToEndOfLine() causes text to disappear after a certain string length is reached
How to reproduce:
1. Open user-submitted project (bug_inputfield)
2. Open the scene 'SampleScene'
3. Enter Play Mode
4. Repeatedly click the Button
Expected result: the text does not disappear after a certain amount of text is added
Actual result: the text disappears after a certain amount of text is added
Reproducible with Unity versions: 2018.4.3f1, 2019.1.8f1, 2019.2.0b7, 2019.3.0a7
Could not test with Unity versions: 2017.4.29f1(TMP package not available)
Regressed package version: 1.4.0 - preview.1b
Reproducible with package versions: 1.4.0 - preview.1b, 2.0.1
Not reproducible with package versions: 1.3.0
'OnFocus - Select All' setting for the Input Field must be unchecked to reproduce this
Deleting the invisible text and entering new text continues to produce invisible text
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 1.4.2 & 2.0.2):
This issue has been resolved. The fix will be included in the next release of the TMP package which will be version 1.4.2 for Unity 2018.4 and 2.0.2 for Unity 2019.x.