Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1
Add Component Menu is not being displayed (opened offscreen) in some cases
The Add Component Menu cannot be displayed when the list of components for the object exceeds the height of the screen.
1. Open attached project + scene
2. Select the object in the scene and use Ctrl+Shift+A to bring up the Add Component Menu
3. Scroll to the bottom of the inspector and try again
When performing Step 2 the inspector should not be visible. Note this will depend on the resolution of your screen. If it is still visible, try resizing the height of the editor window and moving the editor to the bottom of your screen.
Step 3 works as expected. It appears some position clamping is needed when opening the menu?
This reproduces at least as far back as 2017.1
Does not reproduce in 2018.3.0b12
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Nodes in the Vertex block are deleted when the edge connected to the Node is deleted
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- [uGUI] Vertices retrieved from GetUIVertexStream method cannot be modified when adjusting them through script
- Scroll bar scrolls less in the Package Manager packages than elsewhere when pressing on the empty scroll bar area to scroll
- Undo.RegisterCreatedObjectUndo dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made