Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
[ADB v2] Corrupted assets are cached and causes cache poisoning
How to reproduce:
1. Build & Run Unity Editor from the source code
2. Make sure the ADBv2 Cache Server is running (Connection has to be successful)
3. Add breakpoint on line "shadercompiler::SendCommand(...)" at ShaderCompilerClient.cpp:757
4. Create a default compute shader
5. When the breakpoint is hit, kill all "UnityShaderCompiler" processes
6. Notice, that the shader is broken now
7. Close the project & delete it's "Library" folder
8. Open the project again
Actual result: ADBv2 cache server is poisoned with the broken asset and pulls it back to the project.
Expected result: ADBv2 doesn't cache corrupted assets.
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0f1, 2020.1.0a20.
- Didn't test earlier versions because the repro is quite complex and requires a lot of time.
- Unity accelerator is required for the issue to reproduce.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first