Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2019.3, 2020.1
[ADB v2] Corrupted assets are cached and causes cache poisoning
How to reproduce:
1. Build & Run Unity Editor from the source code
2. Make sure the ADBv2 Cache Server is running (Connection has to be successful)
3. Add breakpoint on line "shadercompiler::SendCommand(...)" at ShaderCompilerClient.cpp:757
4. Create a default compute shader
5. When the breakpoint is hit, kill all "UnityShaderCompiler" processes
6. Notice, that the shader is broken now
7. Close the project & delete it's "Library" folder
8. Open the project again
Actual result: ADBv2 cache server is poisoned with the broken asset and pulls it back to the project.
Expected result: ADBv2 doesn't cache corrupted assets.
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0f1, 2020.1.0a20.
- Didn't test earlier versions because the repro is quite complex and requires a lot of time.
- Unity accelerator is required for the issue to reproduce.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] SystemInfo.systemMemorySize returns negative values
- [Physics Debugger] Colliders are visualized even if their Layer is not selected in the Show Layers property
- Crash on PAL_LocalIPC_IsConnected when IPC fails on launch
- [macOS] Video Player's 5.1 audio channel layout is incorrect when outputting to Audio Source
- AssetDatabase is overwriting GUIDs