Search Issue Tracker
Unity does not use dedicated graphics card when graphics API is set to Metal
1. Open the attached project "Karting.zip"
2. Open the "Karting/Scenes/MainScene" Scene
3. Open "Unity > Preferences > General" and select a dedicated graphics card as "Device To Use"
4. Restart Unity and reopen the project if needed
5. Open the "Activity Monitor" macOS application's "Energy" tab and observe which graphic card is being utilized
6. Open the Game View in Unity
7. Enable Stats to observe the framerate
Expected result: Graphics Card field reads "High Perf." and the framerate increases
Actual result: Graphics Card field reads "Integrated" and the framerate stays similar regardless of what device is being used
Reproducible with: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.15f1, 2021.1.16f1, 2021.2.0b5, 2022.1.0a4
1. The issue is not reproducible when using OpenGLCore graphics API
2. Editor.log indicates that the high-performance graphics card is being used
3. When "Device To Use" is set to Automatic, the behavior remains the same
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2020.3] Play Mode has visual artifacts when Graphics API is set to DirectX12 with Dynamic Resolution enabled
- White texture appears when setting “RenderTextureFormat.Depth” to “RenderTexture” on the Camera
- Cursor is visible when using “Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.Locked” and “Cursor.visible = false”
- Material.SetOverrideTag setting LightMode tag has no effect
- Decal is not rendered when in Camera component Culling Mask dropdown field Default is unselected