Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Accessing "tooltip" property of SerializedProperty crashes Unity
Unity crashes when you try to access 'tooltip' property of SerializedProperty instance.
In attached project open TestScene scene and press Play. You'll get your crash.
This scene has empty object with attached script that tries to access tooltip property of SerializedProperty.
Looks like this.
void Start ()
SerializedObject serializedObject = new SerializedObject (ScriptableObject.CreateInstance<ScriptableObject>());
SerializedProperty iterator = serializedObject.GetIterator();
On Debug it crashes.
Same result caт be received during debugging:
1. Set brreakpoint on Debug line (13)
2. Attach MD to Unity Editor
3. Press Play
4. In MD try to investigate properties of iterator variable.
Unity will crash.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Mac] Unity Hub encounters a critical error when trying to launch it after logging out
- [XR SDK | GLES] large gpu perf regression ~3 ms
- UploadHandlerFile.contentType cannot be set and always returns "text/plain"
- [XR][URP][Shader Graph][Android] Shader graph shaders are not rendering on Android when using texture array layout (multiview)
- Cloth behaving different after upgrading to 2019.2.9 from 2018.3