Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Accessing "tooltip" property of SerializedProperty crashes Unity
Unity crashes when you try to access 'tooltip' property of SerializedProperty instance.
In attached project open TestScene scene and press Play. You'll get your crash.
This scene has empty object with attached script that tries to access tooltip property of SerializedProperty.
Looks like this.
void Start ()
SerializedObject serializedObject = new SerializedObject (ScriptableObject.CreateInstance<ScriptableObject>());
SerializedProperty iterator = serializedObject.GetIterator();
On Debug it crashes.
Same result caт be received during debugging:
1. Set brreakpoint on Debug line (13)
2. Attach MD to Unity Editor
3. Press Play
4. In MD try to investigate properties of iterator variable.
Unity will crash.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [M1] Build fails when the project's name contains Mac terminal's command and the scripting backend is set to IL2CPP
- DrawMeshInstancedProcedural error and a lot of other Shader errors when the TerraWorld package is imported to a project
- ObjectDisposedException is thrown when resizing an array drawn in a custom editor
- Package Manager doesn't show packages under the "Custom" tab when the packages are referenced locally
- [Linux] Crash on d_print_comp_inner when opening "Karting Microgame" template project