Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Accessing "tooltip" property of SerializedProperty crashes Unity
Unity crashes when you try to access 'tooltip' property of SerializedProperty instance.
In attached project open TestScene scene and press Play. You'll get your crash.
This scene has empty object with attached script that tries to access tooltip property of SerializedProperty.
Looks like this.
void Start ()
SerializedObject serializedObject = new SerializedObject (ScriptableObject.CreateInstance<ScriptableObject>());
SerializedProperty iterator = serializedObject.GetIterator();
On Debug it crashes.
Same result caт be received during debugging:
1. Set brreakpoint on Debug line (13)
2. Attach MD to Unity Editor
3. Press Play
4. In MD try to investigate properties of iterator variable.
Unity will crash.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor does not recognize button release when first releasing the "LShift" button and then "Numpad2"
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves