Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Accessing "tooltip" property of SerializedProperty crashes Unity
Unity crashes when you try to access 'tooltip' property of SerializedProperty instance.
In attached project open TestScene scene and press Play. You'll get your crash.
This scene has empty object with attached script that tries to access tooltip property of SerializedProperty.
Looks like this.
void Start ()
SerializedObject serializedObject = new SerializedObject (ScriptableObject.CreateInstance<ScriptableObject>());
SerializedProperty iterator = serializedObject.GetIterator();
On Debug it crashes.
Same result caт be received during debugging:
1. Set brreakpoint on Debug line (13)
2. Attach MD to Unity Editor
3. Press Play
4. In MD try to investigate properties of iterator variable.
Unity will crash.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [IL2CPP][Android] Incorrect symbol length/symbols returned with "AndroidJavaClass"and "AndroidJavaProxy" on Android < 5.1.1
- Animating the alpha channel of a color in a material causes the RGB channels to be reset to 0
- [Mobile] TouchScreenKeyboardType is missing DecimalPad
- Memory leak in Scene Memory/RenderTexture when Scene View is active and 'Animated Materials' + 'Post Processings' toggles are on
- Ctrl + F should start search in PackageManager