Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Accessing "tooltip" property of SerializedProperty crashes Unity
Unity crashes when you try to access 'tooltip' property of SerializedProperty instance.
In attached project open TestScene scene and press Play. You'll get your crash.
This scene has empty object with attached script that tries to access tooltip property of SerializedProperty.
Looks like this.
void Start ()
SerializedObject serializedObject = new SerializedObject (ScriptableObject.CreateInstance<ScriptableObject>());
SerializedProperty iterator = serializedObject.GetIterator();
On Debug it crashes.
Same result caт be received during debugging:
1. Set brreakpoint on Debug line (13)
2. Attach MD to Unity Editor
3. Press Play
4. In MD try to investigate properties of iterator variable.
Unity will crash.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity Editor process remains running after closing Editor
- OnApplicationPause pauseStatus is incorrect after losing focus on macOS
- "Image invalid format!" Error is thrown when Generating Lights on Vulkan Graphics API and Android Build target
- [Mono Upgrade]FileSystemWatcher FileSystemWatcherArgs.Name variable returning the full path instead of the relative file name
- Animator Blend Tree weight defaults to 0 for a frame when AnimationClipPlayable is created with script in Play Mode