Search Issue Tracker
Under Consideration for 2022.2.X, 2023.1.X
A WebGL build with complex shaders has a performance drop when tapping the screen
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached “repro-project”
2. File → Build Settings and change Platform to WebGL and check Development Build
3. Click Build
4. Run the WebGL build on a local server (python http.server was used in testing)
5. Connect to the server through a mobile device browser, start quickly tapping the screen, and observe
Expected result: The performance doesn’t drop and the project runs smoothly.
Actual result: The performance drops and the project starts to lag with each tap.
Reproducible with: 2022.2.3f1, 2023.1.0b2 (Only on iPhone), 2023.2.0a1
Could not test with: 2020.3.44f1 (Missing features in a package), 2021.3.17f1 (Errors in packages, building fails)
Reproducible on: macOS 13.2 (Intel)
Reproducible on devices:
VLNQA00277, Asus ROG Phone (ASUS_Z01QD), Android 9, CPU: NOT FOUND, GPU: Adreno (TM) 630
VLNQA00334, Xiaomi Mi A3 (Mi A3), Android 11, CPU: Snapdragon 665 SM6125, GPU: Adreno (TM) 610
VLNQA00134, Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950F), Android 9, CPU: Exynos 9 Octa 8895, GPU: Mali-G71
VLNQA00331, Huawei P20 lite (ANE-LX1), Android 9, CPU: HiSilicon Kirin 659, GPU: Mali-T830
iPhone XR, iOS 16.2, Safari
Notes: The performance drops only when the screen is tapped. The severity of the drop depends on the number of taps done in a short time. Google browser was used on Android devices.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Texture Importer: Swaps red and blue channels
- Parallax mapping with UVs set other than UV0 plugged into sample texture 2d produces an error
- Objects with single letter name won't show up in hierarchy search results
- The GameObject is not transparent when setting CameraDepthTexture as a depth render target
- SRP Lens Flares with Occlusion enabled inconsistently shine through objects