Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
A blue line appears when component can not be placed while reordering or adding new components in the Inspector
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Open 'SampleScene'
3. In the Hierarchy window select 'Main Camera'
4. In the Inspector select the 'Audio Listener' component
5. Drag the selected component above the 'Camera' component until a blue line appears and the mouse cursor indicates that this action is invalid
Expected result: A blue line doesn't appear when the component can't be placed
Actual result: A blue line appears even when the component can't be placed
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a15, 2020.1.17f1, 2021.1.0b1
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1, 2019.4.17f1, 2020.1.0a14
Cannot test with: 2020.2.1f1 (a blue line does not appear when reordering or adding components)
-The issue is also reproducible when dragging a Script onto the Inspector
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Animator with nested avatar root show missing properties in the Animation Window
- System.Threading.Task tasks cause stall when used in WebGL
- [Package Manager] Access denied when installing some packages
- SerializedProperty.DataEquals returns true for two strings that are different
- Prefab is glitchy when editing in Prefab Mode in a custom UI Environment