Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 12.0.0
Fixed in 11.0.0
Found in [Package]
[2D][URP] ShadowCaster2D generates about 1.8 KB of Garbage every frame in the Editor
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project named "Case_1304158"
2. Open the SampleScene
3. Open the Profiler Window and Enter Play mode
4. In the CPU section, search for PlayerLoop -> Update.ScriptRunBehaviorUpdate -> BehaviorUpdate -> ShadowCaster2D.Update()
5. Observe the GC Alloc statistics
Expected results: ShadowCaster2D does not generate garbage every frame
Actual results: Each ShadowCaster2D object in the Scene generates roughly 1.8 KB of garbage every frame
Reproducible with: 7.5.2(2019.4.19f1), 10.2.2(2020.2.3f1), 11.0.0(2021.1.0b3), 12.0.0(2020.2.0a3)
Could not test with: 2018.4(URP was in early preview stage)
1. Does not reproduce in the Build. Attaching a profiler to the Build shows 0 B of garbage generated by ShadowCaster2D.Update()
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Back Triple Camera is not focusing manually and automatically
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags