Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Alpha channel is not recognized when importing PNG with alpha
On importing PNG with alpha, the alpha channel is not loading in the Preview, refer attached screenshot.
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project
2. Import a .PNG image in the project
3. Checked preview of the image
4. Texture Type > Sprite (2D and UI) > Apply
5. Checked preview of the image
Alpha channel is not recognized for PNG with alpha
Alpha channel should not be recognized
Working Fine in:
2020.1.0a18, 2019.3.0f6 (3805be3cb06a)
Windows10 and macOS 10.14
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Pressing Control when the Scene View is in focus logs a "CommandBuffer: temporary render texture not found while executing" warning
- [Android] UI is being scaled up on some Android devices when the referenced resolution in the "Canvas Scaler" component is larger than the actual screen resolution of the device
- Resizing the Scene View causes the Editor to lag when the Canvas contains many items and it's Rect Transform size is changed
- Gizmo Settings Menu overflows to another monitor when the Scene View is expanded
- [Android] Sprite transparency does not work when using RGB ETC1 format and a warning is shown "Cannot compress to ETC1. The split alpha channel and compression to ETC1 requires a packing tag."