Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2019.3, 2020.1
[Physics] Using huge numbers of vertex for Polygon/Edge collider causes stack overflow.
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project
2. Hierarchy > 2D Object > Sprite
3. Inspector > Add component > Polygon Collider 2D
4. Inspector > Polygon Collider 2D > Points > Paths > Size
5. Enter a high value more than 10000 for 'Size'
Editor crashes on entering values much more than 10,000.
Editor may freeze whilst it processes large numbers of vertex (etc) but it should not crash.
The attached video shows 20 million paths being added which produces 20 million 5 vertex shapes so 10 million shapes. The Editor will stop responding (freeze) because it's doing a lot of work and will likely take many hours and possibly days to process that.
2020.1.0a19, 2019.3.0f6, 2018.4.13f1, 2017.4.34f1, 2017.1.5f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Windows] The Unity import progress is not shown in the Windows taskbar
- Custom shader creation APIs are missing the AssetImportContext and thus can't handle includes correctly
- 2019.4: PackedMemorySnapshot: nativeObjects.gcHandleIndex contains -1 always
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's