Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
[Physics] Using huge numbers of vertex for Polygon/Edge collider causes stack overflow.
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project
2. Hierarchy > 2D Object > Sprite
3. Inspector > Add component > Polygon Collider 2D
4. Inspector > Polygon Collider 2D > Points > Paths > Size
5. Enter a high value more than 10000 for 'Size'
Editor crashes on entering values much more than 10,000.
Editor may freeze whilst it processes large numbers of vertex (etc) but it should not crash.
The attached video shows 20 million paths being added which produces 20 million 5 vertex shapes so 10 million shapes. The Editor will stop responding (freeze) because it's doing a lot of work and will likely take many hours and possibly days to process that.
2020.1.0a19, 2019.3.0f6, 2018.4.13f1, 2017.4.34f1, 2017.1.5f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Italic Font Style differs between Editor and devices
- Buttons can be Clicked on a different Display than they are seen
- SetRenderTarget does not correctly display the texture when depthSlice is set to -1
- [2D] Texture 2D Array preview looks corrupted when Mip Map Filtering is set to Box at different Mip levels
- [HDRP][XR] Shadergraph tessellation work differently with XR