Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
[2D] SortingGroup does not apply the sorting changes to its children when objects are duplicated or added dynamically
1. Download attached project "BugTestSortingGroup.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open "BugTest" scene
3. Enter Play mode
Note: Observe that no Sprites are rendered on blue cube in Game window
4. Press "Fix Sort" button
Note: Observe that now Sprites are rendered
To reproduce from a scratch:
1. Create a Sprite Mask
2. Set the Sprite Mask to Custom Range from sorting order 10 to 20
3. Add as a child a SortingGroup and put the sorting order to 15
4. Add a Sprite with sorting order of 0 as a child of the SortingGroup and set mask interaction to visible inside.
Note: At this moment the Sprite is correctly inside the mask.
5. Duplicate the Sprite and move it sightly
Note: Notice that the new sprite does not appear inside the mask.
- This issue appears on Windows and OSX
- Workaround: Sprites are being created but they do not appear because they are not taking into account the sorting group. The sorting group needs to be deactivated and activate to workaround this behavior
Reproduced on Unity 2017.1.1.p2, 2017.2.0f1 and 2017.3.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform