Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
[2D] Reordering "Sorting Layers" list causes Sprites to reference different Layer names and ID
How to repro:
1. Open the attached "case_1376779" project
2. Open the "SampleScene" Scene
3. Select the "Square (1)" GameObject in the Hierarchy window
4. Select "Edit -> Project Settings -> Tags and Layers -> Sorting Layers"
5. Move the "Default" Layer between "New Layer 1" and "New Layer 2"
6. Observe the Console log
Expected result: The Console log outputs "New Layer 1" below "===LayerOfSquare (1)===" message
Actual result: The Console log outputs "New Layer 2" below "===LayerOfSquare (1)===" message
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0b5, 2021.2.2f1, 2022.1.0a2, 2022.1.0a14
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.32f1, 2020.3.22f1, 2021.2.0a1, 2021.2.0b4, 2022.1.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Build fails when building with ILCPP Scripting Backend and ARMv7 as the Target Architecture
- Textures turn black in Player when they are referenced by a script instance
- [Android] Virtual device crashes with "Scudo ERROR: invalid chunk state when deallocating address" error in Firebase Test Lab when Optimized Frame Pacing is enabled
- Particle System does not resume when its Culling Mode is set to "Pause" or "Pause and Catch-up," and particle position simulate in world space
- "Custom Render Queue" field cannot be set above "2000" when changing it in the Inspector window using Debug mode