Search Issue Tracker
Under Consideration for 2022.3.X, 2023.2.X, 2023.3.X
[2D] Collider2D.Cast does not respect the collision matrix
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached user's project "IssueReproducible.zip"
2. Open "SampleScene.unity"
3. Enter Play Mode
4. Observe Console Window
Expected Result: Collider2D.Cast respects collision matrix
Actual Result: Collider2D.Cast does not respect the collision matrix
Reproducible with: 2022.3.14f1, 2023.2.0f1, 2023.3.0a15
Could not test on 2021.3.32f1 due to scripting errors and missing definitions
Testing Environment: Windows 10
Not reproducible on: No other environment tested
-Related forum thread: [https://forum.unity.com/threads/collider2d-cast-does-not-seem-to-respect-collider2d-excludelayers.1518301/]
-The Collider2D.Cast method, specifically the overload that does not take a ContactFilter2D, should adhere to the collider's collision rules, including the collision layer matrix and overrides like excludeLayer.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator
- "Object.FindObjectsOfType<T>() is obsolete" warning is thrown when using "Transitions Plus" asset