Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.5.0+
Found in [Package]
[XR][Quest][Frame Debugger] Frame Debugger first freezes Unity, then breaks XR rendering and head tracking
1. Open SampleScene
2. Press Play
3. Note Game View is black
4. Open Window > Analysis > Frame Debugger
5. Press "Enable"
6. Note freeze for 30s-1min
7. Select something in the Frame Debugger hierarchy
8. Disable Frame Debugger
9. Note XR is now black and broken
Actual: Note GameView has some image but head tracking is broken
Aug 13, 2022 15:52
I have this also in 2019.4.6f1 on my oculus quest 1. Getting really frustrating to optimize the app when I basically have to choose the perfect moment to enable frame debugger cuz thats all I get before it crashes and I have to restart the app twice on the headset before getting back to optimizing again.
Jun 10, 2021 11:31
Still happening with 2020.3.1
Dec 28, 2020 01:02
I still see this behavior in unity 2020.2.1 and Oculus 1.6.1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceException error thrown when changing Scenes in Play Mode
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
- [Linux] Player consumes more CPU resources when it is running in the background
- Save process is triggered every time when prefab property values are changed by dragging
Resolution Note (fix version 1.5.0+):
Fix for frame debugger freezes Unity Editor and then breaks XR rendering when XR enabled.